This is a book I bought yesterday. It's sort of about an anthropologist, which is what I was thinking about being, and then decided maybe I won't. If I get to have books written about me along with other adventures in Thailand, then maybe I will again, if the CIA secret agent thing doesn't work out. Lofty dreams I guess. I think what turned me off of anthropology the most was the objectiveness and sterility that it requires. I don't know if I could do that. Also you have to write a lot of ethnographies.
But also look at the design of this cover. The original cover is boring. There are a bunch of trees and greenery, and the word "fieldwork" splayed out in handwriting across the front like that in white. That's all. How boring. I love this one, the notebook, the careful typing, the tallies, the dirt, the flower ... I really love the combination of nature/civilization like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment